The Office of Distance Learning (SEAD) aims to develop actions to institutionalize and regulate Distance Learning at Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, in addition to providing conditions for implementing short-term training courses, continuing education courses and distance learning undergraduate and graduate programs (lato sensu).
UFSC is one of the pioneering institutions to implement distance education in Brazil, with over ten years of experience in this teaching area.
With the goal of ensuring quality at all stages of planning, implementation and promotion of teaching, research and outreach activities developed at UFSC, SEAD aims to occupy a leading position in the national education scenario.
To accomplish the purpose of offering society the knowledge produced at UFSC, SEAD combines innovative information and communication technologies with the constant improvement of research with a view to planning and creating educational materials for this type of teaching.
Also, we trust that SEAD will reinforce UFSC’s role in society in its commitment to an education geared towards the construction of Brazilian citizenship.
SEAD’s main responsibilities are :
- provide the structure, rules and expertise to offer distance training courses and programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- promote human, technical and administrative development of faculty and administrative staff for the use of Distance Learning technologies in their classrooms and/or working environments;
- enable research and outreach improvement by supporting investigations and projects with national and international institutions;
- assist the Prorectorates and Offices in achieving their staff and public training goals;
- create educational material in different media through use of communication and information technologies.